Question: I wondered if you can relate to the stress and tiredness and being overwhelmed before a new baby, and if you had any tips on things that you think are the most important to focus on in those last weeks?
Answer: Yes, I can relate! Here are some tips for the end of pregnancy:
1) Listen to your body. If you are tired, rest. If you are energetic, go for it! No guilt allowed. Your body knows what you need.
2) Get the baby clothes washed and ready. Get the baby’s little station set up (changing area, etc).
3) Pack the hospital bag. Or, if planning a home birth, gather all the needed supplies.
4) If time is dragging, do what you enjoy but don’t normally have time for. I resorted to Sudoku puzzles at the tail end of some pregnancies, reading a fiction book at the end of others.
5) Buy a special nightgown or pajamas for the hospital and for postpartum. Anything to help savor the stage you are in and to give you little boost along the way.Continue reading “Before the new baby! (tips for the end of pregnancy)”